Scope for Installation of Gypsum Board
- Supply and installation of gypsum board partition/wall lining.
- Supply and installation of gypsum board ceilings.
- Supply and application of painting on walls and ceiling
Methodology and Sequence of Installation of Gypsum Board:
- All operators will attend site induction meeting, operatives to bring copy of Emirates ID, Visa.
- All operatives will always have their Emirates ID with them.
- All operatives will have ISG 5-point PPE, all PPE to EN Standard.
- All scaffold will be inspected by ISG safety team, permit issued and tagged, before starting of work
- All power tools will be PAT Tested before taking to site (all power tools,110v)
Methodology and Sequence of Installation of Gypsum Board:
- Setting out: Once the setting out has been completed and checked we can proceed with fixing of tracks.
- Fixing of track and studs: Partition track will be fixed at bottom and top by using hammer drills and screw machines. Operatives will lay the track on the floor, as per markings, they will drill holes and fix anchors, this will be completed by fixing screw and fissure plugs.
- Top track will be fixed by gaining access to the MS tube grid with the use of a mobile tower, this will be erected by a trained competent operative, once erected it will be inspected by the trained operative and tagged.
- An operative will access the mobile tower and fix the tracks on MS tube grid with self-drilling screw, as per markings, using a screw machine (110v)
- After track is fixed, a stud channel will be erected.
- After track installation, metal studs will be installed, as per drawings and manufacturer specifications, they will be installed every 600 mm, between the upper and lower track and existing spacing, operatives will gain access as required using mobile towers (erected as above), they will use screw machines and self-drilling screws to secure the studs in place.
Fixing of Gypsum board on one side:
- Once the track and studs are in place two layers of gypsum board will be fixed on one side on the stud by two operatives carry and placing gypsum board in position on the studs. It will be secured in place by using screws and screw machine. Time will be allowed for all the MEP works to be carried out.
- Tapping and Jointing: Once the above is complete, pre-mixed Gypsum board joint filler will be applied on joints to make the surface ready for other finishes. The painter will apply first coat including fibre tape on the joint,
- after the first coat is dried the painter will apply the second coat. After the second coat has dried, painters will stand joints using sandpaper, this will make the surface flush and ready other finishes.
Gypsum board ceiling:
- Hangers: Wall angles/thread rods will be used as hangers (Supports) from ceiling.
- A mobile tower will be used for access for the installation of hangers (erected as above), 1 or 2 operatives will measure hanger required for support, an operative using a screw machine (110v), operative will fix support using self-drilling screws/thread rods with nuts & washers
- Stepladder to be used in congested areas or wherever we cannot use mobile towers or podiums.
Justification forms/permit will be full and obtain from ISG before use.
- Once hanger (supports) are hung, the ceiling grid will be installed using main channels and furring channels.
- Mobile tower will be used to access the ceiling, all main channels will be installed. Once main channels are installed, furring channel will be fixed on the main channel using self-drilling screws to secure furring channels in place.
- Once grid installed, boarding will commence on the grid, a mobile tower will be used to access the ceiling grid.
- Operatives will access the mobile tower, 2 operatives will manually handle the boards up to the
operatives on the mobile tower, they will place boards on the ceiling and 1 operative will fix gypsum board on to the furring channel using the appropriate screws fixed with screw machines.
Tapping and Jointing:
- Once the above is complete, pre-mixed Gypsum board joint filler will be applied on joints to make the surface ready for other finishes. The painter will apply the first coat including fibre tape on the joint, after the first coat is dried the painter will apply the second coat. After the second coat has dried, painters will sand joints using sandpaper, this will make the surface flush and ready other finishes.
Cuttings in walls and ceiling for MEP works. When MEP works have finished, there will be a need to rectify/patch up the openings. For this task, saws will be used to cut gypsum board, access to cut openings will be by a mobile tower. MEP contractor will mark on walls and ceiling for required openings, we will cut the required openings, then inform MEP contractor. Once MEP work complete we will use new gypsum board, cut it to exact size, put extra support if needed and fix it on walls/ceilings at the required location, once installed we will complete tapping and jointing, as above and make the surface ready for other finishes.
Preparation: All hardware materials which are already fixed and not to be painted shall be removed.
Removal if not possible, it shall be covered/protected appropriately before surface preparation and painting will commence. The surface of the area to be painted would be prepared by removing loose particles, blemishes and deleterious materials by way of sanding. Vacuum cleaner to be used for cleaning after sanding.
Painting: Approved Fenomastic matt paint will be used for the painting works. The surface to be painted after prepared one coat of primer to be applied. Curing would be made by drying for at least 4 hours before further works can be done. Two coats of stucco to be applied after the primer curing period. 4 hours of curing to be allowed between each coat of stucco. Before application of second coat of stucco sanding to be done for cleaning and removing of splattered, blemishes and stains on the painted surface. Then two coats of final paint as per the approved RAL colour. Mobile tower to be used (erected as above) for height works